Welcome to the Website of Minsterworth Parish Council.
On this website you will find information about the Council together with the minutes from the monthly Council Meetings. You will also find useful information about the village of Minsterworth, and several documents that set out the policies adopted by the Council.
Vacancy for Clerk and Finance Officer – Minsterworth Parish Council
Minsterworth Parish Council (MPC) is looking for a new Parish Council Clerk & Finance Officer. We are a friendly Parish Council, with good resident support for our ongoing activities.
We meet monthly on a Monday evening, although the Clerk’s duties require additional work spread throughout each month. The main duties are:
- Completing the administrative arrangements for the monthly MPC meetings, including the drafting and publication of the Agenda and the Minutes.
- Handling all incoming and outgoing correspondence on behalf of MPC.
- Managing the MPC budget, including the payment of invoices and the monthly reconciliation of the online bank account. This also includes producing the annual budget estimate, providing forecasts of expenditure, and submitting the accounts for external audit.
- Coordinating MPC’s response to planning applications.
- Maintaining the MPC website (using the WordPress software) to provide regular updates and access to information.
The hours of the post are 8 per week which can be worked flexibly other than attendance at the meetings which is fixed.
The post will be paid in accordance with the National Association of Local Council pay scales, likely to be around Scale Column Point 11 (currently £11.50 per hour) dependent upon experience and qualifications. The post holder will be expected to undertake relevant training which when agreed will be funded by the Parish Council.
Applications for the post should be submitted via a covering letter and a CV to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Please use the same email address for any questions about the role.