Welcome to the Website of Minsterworth Parish Council.
On this website you will find information about the Council together with the minutes from the monthly Council Meetings. You will also find useful information about the village of Minsterworth, and several documents that set out the policies adopted by the Council.
Emergency Road Closure Notification.
GCC have notified Parish Councils that road patching work is going to be undertaken on many of the County’s roads ahead of the Tour of Britain Women’s cycling event. This may require road closures or traffic disruption, and an emergency road closure notice has been issued. The works will be undertaken on a rolling basis, starting on 12 Mar 22 and lasting for up to 21 days. The whole of the A48 through Minsterworth is included within the programme, though the scheduled timings are not yet known. A copy of the traffic order from GCC can be viewed here.
Vacancy for Clerk and Finance Officer – Minsterworth Parish Council
Minsterworth Parish Council (MPC) is looking for a new Parish Council Clerk & Finance Officer. We are a friendly Parish Council, with good resident support for our ongoing activities.
We meet monthly on a Monday evening, although the Clerk’s duties require additional work spread throughout each month. The main duties are:
- Completing the administrative arrangements for the monthly MPC meetings, including the drafting and publication of the Agenda and the Minutes.
- Handling all incoming and outgoing correspondence on behalf of MPC.
- Managing the MPC budget, including the payment of invoices and the monthly reconciliation of the online bank account. This also includes producing the annual budget estimate, providing forecasts of expenditure, and submitting the accounts for external audit.
- Coordinating MPC’s response to planning applications.
- Maintaining the MPC website (using the WordPress software) to provide regular updates and access to information.
The hours of the post are 8 per week which can be worked flexibly other than attendance at the meetings which is fixed.
The post will be paid in accordance with the National Association of Local Council pay scales, likely to be around Scale Column Point 11 (currently £11.50 per hour) dependent upon experience and qualifications. The post holder will be expected to undertake relevant training which when agreed will be funded by the Parish Council.
Applications for the post should be submitted via a covering letter and a CV to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the same email address for any questions about the role.
The closing date for applications is 31 May 2022.
Interviews will take place on the evening of 14 June 2022.
Council Tax Energy Rebate Scheme – Warning of Scams.
Minsterworth Parish Council has been notified by Tewkesbury Borough Council (TBC) of a number of telephone scams that may relate to the Council Tax Energy Rebate Scheme. TBC has published a leaflet relating to the scheme, and warning people about the potential scams. A copy of that leaflet can be accessed at the following link: